need help pz

noojoo

Solid State Member
i can play lan games on my school's proxy with my friends, but can i use the same port to access internet???

:D thanx

well, your computer should already be able to access the internet, if your playing with your friends over the network...

Captain Pooka said:
well, your computer should already be able to access the internet, if your playing with your friends over the network...

That all depends on what ports they have allowed open on the firewall.

port for the internet is 80

Chances are, you'll be able to join games over the internet, unless the ports are blocked at the school's firewall. But you won't be able to host a game (create a server) that'll be visible on the Internet. To do that would require that the IT staff specifically create a rule that forwards those ports to the computer you're using.

ceannfeachd said:
Chances are, you'll be able to join games over the internet, unless the ports are blocked at the school's firewall.

ceannfeachd, in the future read the post above yours before you say the same exact thing. and if you do say the same exact thing, give recognition to the original poster.....

LambOfGod said:
That all depends on what ports they have allowed open on the firewall.

port for the internet is 80

LambOfGod said:
ceannfeachd, in the future read the post above yours before you say the same exact thing. and if you do say the same exact thing, give recognition to the original poster.....

Chill out. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder. If you had read my entire post, you'd know that I didn't say the EXACT same thing. I expanded on something that others had said. That is, that you should be able to join a game over the WAN (make an outgoing connection), but hosted games will not be seen on the WAN connection unless someone with administrative access to the firewall specifically forwards the ports for the game to the IP address of the PC running the game.

By the way, 80 is the default port for HTTP, but many games reserve ports above the first 1,024.

ceannfeachd said:
Chill out. I wasn't trying to steal your thunder.

Stay away from that thunder.

Thanks for the Input

oh and BTW (port 80) = HTTP is used when browsing the internet (as i already mentioned)

and one more thing.

Fix your Signature, Its not supposed to be over 4 lines.

dont wanna upset Brookfield

EDIT: thanks for fixing it

LambOfGod said:

Whoa LOG! Guess it's stings when others do what you have done, huh? I especially liked the demand that credit be given to the original poster [of original information]. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you ... seems fitting for a Lamb of God ... wouldn't you agree?

I'd be careful with the demands ... such as telling other users to keep sigs under 4 lines and whatnot ... or did I miss the announcement that you've been "ordained" a Mod on ComputerForums.org?

CrossCech said:
Whoa LOG! Guess it's stings when others do what you have done, huh? I especially liked the demand that credit be given to the original poster [of original information]. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you ... seems fitting for a Lamb of God ... wouldn't you agree?

I'd be careful with the demands ... such as telling other users to keep sigs under 4 lines and whatnot ... or did I miss the announcement that you've been "ordained" a Mod on ComputerForums.org?

First off dont highjack this guys thread to talk to me, use a feature called
Private messaging.

*And as far as repeating what others have said* Like i told you over the PM the same has happened to me.
and i apologized. for doing it to you (on a totally differnt thread)

and NO I dont agree this is my lambofgod http://www.lamb-of-god.com/sacrament/

sometimes people dont read the rules to forums or arnt aware of the rules. I Simply gave him a Heads Up. And he took my advice and fixed it.

Back
Top Bottom