NEED HELP with internet connection

Gutterville

Beta member
Basically I have a big problem with my interent connection, im fully connected, I can ping any website just fine through CMD but when I turn on my firefox and try and load a page on youtube its very slow, same with any other website.
This is the same for google chrome and IE
and the strange thing is that my other computers and laptops on the network are working just fine
its just this PC

I think this happened after I updated windows but I have got rid of all the updates from that day completely but still no

Things I have tried

Getting rid of every virus with AVG
Reinstalling my network drivers
and restarting my PC and my routers and switches.

any ideas would help THANKS in advance

Is it just the internet or is all your network traffic really slow from that PC? To check, transfer a large file to or from the slow PC from a normal one - then transfer it between the normal ones and see if there's a noticeable difference.

My guess is that it's all the network traffic and Windows update has screwed with your network card drivers - try rolling them back and see if that fixes the issue. I've seen this in a few cases, Windows thinks it's found better drivers when it's actually found completely different ones that work slowly or not at all. If this is the problem and to prevent it happening in future, check the hardware update section whenever you run windows update. If it shows anything about ethernet drivers, uncheck it and bar that entry from ever appearing again.

Back
Top Bottom