Need a complete answer on how to get my Netgear router to work with my Netopia modem

ozhawk

Beta member
I had to reset my Netgear router because I had forgotten the login info and needed to replace a computer hooked up by wifi. The problem is that after using the smart wizard online and the disk that came with the router (finally found it) and many resets, power downs, etc I got the computer to connect to the internet, but I am always being redirected back to the Netgear Smart Wizard. After calling CenturyLink (CenturyTEL) several times trying to figure out what was wrong they gave me the info below, but I don't have a clue as to what to do with it. I have been hooked up wirelessly since 2008 w/the same Netgear router.
If anyone could possibly help me with this I and my children would greatly appreciate it.

I have a Netgear WGR614 v7 router
My modem is a Netopia 3341-CTEL
(don't know if you need this, but one computer is running XP (hardwired to Netopia modem and Netgear router), one running Vista Home Premium (this was hooked up wirelessly).

Here is the info from CenturyLink -

Our HSI connection settings are as follows:
VPI = 8
VCI = 35
Multiplexing = LLC-based
Encapsulation = Enet Encap (Sometimes referred to as Bridged)
We use DHCP over Ethernet

Please any help is desperately needed. (just ask that it be complete....2 prior responses elsewhere and still searching).

Many Thanks

Back
Top Bottom