My internet is not working?

Jobob

Solid State Member
My internet hasnt been working for about 2 weeks. The problem doesnt seem to be with the modem or router though, considering that everyone else in my house can connect perfectly fine to it wirelessly. I have tryed connecting my computer up to the router wired and wirelessly. My computer tells me i'm connected to the network, but the internet still doesnt work.

First thing to check would be any firewalls - an overly restrictive one may be blocking internet traffic. You can also try pinging the router to make sure you are connected to the network - fire up a command prompt (start => run => cmd) and type in "ping 192.168.1.1" (replacing 192.168.1.1 with the IP address of your router.) If that works, you can also make sure it's not some sort of browser issue by "ping google.com" or something similar.

I had the same problem with a laptop I had... here.

I tried everything besides repairing or re-installing the OS because I didn't have the repair CD's.

So if everything else fails then I recommend an OS repair or re-install.

if your using a router try reinstalling its software and its configurations if it still doesn't work.. connect ur computer wired directly to ur modem.... so in that case if ur ISP is requiring a user name and password... create a new connection from your network connections => next => just follow the pattern you see....then connect to the internet

(connecting the computer directly to the modem will tests that if ur computer really doesn't receive any internet into ur computer) if that so... if your computer still doesn't receive any internet connection reinstalling the OS would Help you instead of dealing with such configuration..

when i connected my computer to the modem and tryed making a new connection it asked for the username and password my isp gave me, which i dont have. I also found out when diagnosing the problem that i have a dns error. It sais that I cannot communicate with Primary DNS Server(64.59.144.90).

Back
Top Bottom