my computer wont find my network

chizz

Beta member
hi, just last night my hp g60 laptop stopped detecting my wireless router which is Sky broadband one made by netgear. i do not have a clue what is wrong, when i try to open the troubleshooter it says that a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from starting. i have tried restoring my registry, settings and system etc, and have even reinstalled windows 7. i have posted this on my mums laptop which will connect to the router, so i know there is nothing wrong with the router. PLEASE HELP as we dont have ethernet connections around the house and i need to be able to use my laptop as it has all of my documents on there aswell as music and video files which ive purchased.
many thanks, tom.

This might sound stupid but have you checked for the button for wireless and that its turned on? I have ran into that a lot. Also it appears there are many flaws in this wireless card according to google. Did you recently do any installs of software in the laptop? Might try doing a system restore to an earlier time and if that doenst work we can do more. Also on a side note inside windows 7 does it say enabled and ready for that connection?

Back
Top Bottom