Maintaining Wireless Connection

Frost17

Baseband Member
Hi, I have a D-Link Di-624 Version C and am experiencing problems maintaining a wireless connection. I have 3 laptops with built in wireless, and 2 desktops with wireless pci cards and all of them are experiencing the same problem.

Basically it can connect to the network, but then after a given period of time, usually about a 20 minutes or so, the signal drops and does not reconnect. Then if I hit repair, the connection may come back or may not. After repeated times, if I restart the computer, usually the does the trick.

The signals are all very good or excellent so range should not be an issue. I tried upgrading the firmware however when I downloaded the appropriate file from D-Links website and go to update it, it says Firmware is not compatible with this model.

I also contacted D-Link and they said the product is out of warranty so they cannot assist me. I contacted my internet provider (Verizon FiOS) who initially provided the router, and they told me to buy a new router.

Router works fine on a wired connection. Any suggestions here?

Did you look on the bottom of the router to confirm the revision series?

I had that same problem with that same router (still use it) and a firmware update fixed it.

Also try doing the firmware upgrade through hardwire. Last thing you want is the signal to drop in middle of everything and eff your router.

Back
Top Bottom