Linksys Wireless help

youcrushme

Beta member
I have a linksys wireless connection. The computer nextdoor to me has the actual thing, I have the antenna. I'm not very good at computers so I don't know all the technical stuff for all of this. Anyway, recently, I've been losing my connection every night at around 9 or 10. I don't understand why this would happen. It works fine all day, but every night into the next morning I lose my connection and it comes back on at around 9 or 10 in the morning. This wouldn't be a problem with my actual computer, would it? I'm thinking it would be better just to get rid of the wireless connection because it has been nothing but problems since I've had it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

is there any interferrence, also check your security settings and wep keys. also setup static ips.....

please go to linksys.com for a manual download to setup specific security options.

follow these steps:
close the connection and assign static IPs, turn DHCP OFF on LAN ONLY , and manually enter the WEP keys into the wireless router and clients.

static IP setup:::::::

go to "network connections"
go to the connection
statically assign an IP
do this by right clicking on that connection and going to properties,
now go to TCP/IP protocol
then click properties.
now go to the address section and enter the values that you need.
(for help on this go to the router setup on linksys network everywhere routers or linksys in genreal go to the IP confi address and then look at the settings there and the IP range)
then you'll enter these addresses in there:
for example if my router had the IP of:
your IP address Id select would be: 112.110.100.1
the subnet mask is inputted for you:
the defualt gateway is your router's IP. which in this case would be 112.110.1.1
and then look for the DNS servers on your routers setup....
to make this easier linksys gives you a setup cd!!!
To get online with Internet explorer you'd go to your internet explorer properties and go to connections, then lan settings,
there you'd check the "automatic settings" checkbox and click ok.
then click ok to close the rest.

please check the manual for secutiry settings and also are you using windows xp service pack 2??

Back
Top Bottom