linksys not working

_raylll_

Solid State Member
hi i have a linksys wrt54g router and a westell versalink 327w modem... the router sends out a signal but for some reason doesn't get internet from the modem... I'm connecting the ethernet coming from a port on the modem to the "internet" slot on the router... !?

So... I can connect to the router but it has no internet and everything is hooked up right (yes the modem has internet)

Make sure with that modem, that the IP doesn't conflict. I had a problem one time, where the modem had a default gateway of 192.168.1.1, and the router also had a 192.168.1.1 default gateway, which caused a problem for the modem, and made nothing connect with the router. Change the IP of the router to 192.168.10.1, and make sure it assigns the same to computers connected to it. This may not be your exact issue, but I figured this out, after about 3 hours- which was painful.

It looks like a conflict, like Mike said. Same IPs can cause the secondary (medem) not to show. Another thing would be if your modem doesn't allow connections to routers. I'd go in your modem's settings for that.

Back
Top Bottom