Internet Sharing

iSpaz

BSOD
Hi there i'm new to networking... but not to computers i know what im doing when it comes to software and hardware with desktop pcs but i have set myself a new chalange witch is to learn a bit more about networking involving routers and access points so i went of to my dads works and grabbed some freebies xD and im going to try and do this basicly put a mobile broadband stick in a spare laptop i have then share that internet connection via eathernet and connect the eathernet cable to my cisco 857w wich will then connect a linksys WAP54G via athernet and a linksys linksys WAP54GX via eathernet both to the 857W I knwo its pointless haveing two access points right next to eachother but its just somthing to try and do dose anybody know if this is 1. posable 2. how can i connect to the 857w to config it (i tried a eathernet cable then 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.0.1 and got nothing :/) any ideas or sugestions or is willing to teach me somthing eles but simmilar im not sure if the whole idea of making a lan connection and sharing it with a router will work but please let me know what u think (no pointless comments saying this is pointless because i know it is i want a chalange) :cool:

Do you know what the address the device had before?
it could have had multiple addresses on the multiple interfaces.
the configuration might be set such that the configuration can't be changed on the ethernet ports
There may be an RJ45 looking port marked console.

You need a cisco serial cable to connect from the serial port of your computer (9 pin D connector) to an RJ45 connection.

Then you're going to need to know a login password to actually get on the device, then you're going to need to know the enable password...

Back
Top Bottom