Internet got slower with new router

maroj2481

In Runtime
yep thats true. i got a new router a couple days ago and my internet got slower. the router is a Linksys WRT54G v8. i have been trying to contact tech support for linksys, but they keep telling me to try again later. And also its not letting me get to my router settings either. what do i do?

yep thats true. i got a new router a couple days ago and my internet got slower. the router is a Linksys WRT54G v8. i have been trying to contact tech support for linksys, but they keep telling me to try again later. And also its not letting me get to my router settings either. what do i do?

what happens when you try to get to your router settings?

I would guess you've tried the whole 192.168.1.1

If you cant get into the settings, then how did you configure your username and password?

If you cant get into the settings, then how did you configure your username and password?

New linksys routers have a "configuration wizard", which does it all for you without getting into the configuration page. Personally, I'm not a fan of it.

It either goes to a no page cannot be displayed or it comes up with like search results of "192.168.1.1, from google/yahoo.
There should be a reset button on the back of your router. Hold it down for 30seconds with a pen or paperclip. It should then be reset, and you can use the default password again to access the configuration page.

Back
Top Bottom