internet connection speed 1 Mbps signal quaility 5 full bars?

stevethebrain

In Runtime
internet connection speed 1 Mbps signal quaility 5 full bars?

I have a very slow internet connection it starts out at 144Mbps then drops progressively down to 1Mbps.

Using a Roswell RNX-180UBE network adaptor as a WiFi signal booster for internet connection I currently have the RNX placed 6' off the floor,

ontop of a picture frame if I move it lower, I will lose WiFi signal.

I believe this RNX is designed to be a WiFI antenna for PC that don't have a WiFi adaptor I mainly use my laptop for internet (which has a builtin WiFi adaptor the RNX majorly inhances the signal quaility) are there actualle signal booster's that inhance the signal speed?

Windows7 OS 64 bit.
Thanks for any suggusetions. STB

Last edited:
Signal strength, yes. Speed, no.
If you're having to go through all those contortions to get a signal then it would be a sure bet you're on the fringe of the router or access point's signal foot print. If this is the case then all a signal booster is going to do is not only amplify the data signal but all the 2.4ghz noise with it. You're still have the same problem you started out with.
I would recommend a Windsurfer parabolic dish attachment to make your omni-directional antenna directional. It focuses the RF energy in to a more concentrated beam. It's easy to make. Takes about 10 minutes. Ez-12

Or you could purchase one of these baby's. TL-ANT2414A - Welcome to TP-LINK
The antenna, not the router.

And one more thing. What are you doing when the speed drops off?

Last edited:

I don't see how I can connect you'r suggested <HTML><META HTTP-EQUIV="content-type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=utf-8">
<SPAN class="productModel">TL-ANT2414A</SPAN> antenna it appears to have a coax wire?
my Roswell has a USB connection that connects to the PC.
I will try the reynolds wrap and report back w/ results.
Thanks STB

The usb adaptor is a network radio with a detachable antenna. The tplink antenna would replace the stick antenna on that.

I still don't see how I could connect this antenna w/ it's coax cable?

my network adapter has a USB connected to the PC?

edit the renyolds wrape did'nt help it actualley lose the weak signal I allready had.
STB

Back
Top Bottom