A Home Network Inquiry

jasonbourne

Baseband Member
Ok I have 3 computers linked using a Netgear wireless router thingy. The primary or I should say, Internet Access Computer and my other desktop computer are linked to the router with the Ethernet cable. My Dell Lattitude laptop is connected to the network wirelessly. Now the problem I'm having is that whenever I try to access files on my laptop using one of the desktop computers I'm denied access. This is frequent when I try to copy files from laptop to one of the desktop computers. Now I guess I could get off my butt and go to the laptop and copy the files to the desktop PC that way but I'd like to do it the other way. I just can't figure whats wrong.

Accessing other files on the network using the laptop, I have no problem doing.

im guessing the laptop is running vista. you need to make it a private network and enable a few things from what i can remember

what operating systems are the desktops?
if they are all xp just make sure they are all in the same workgroup (for best results). the best way is to run the home network wizard in the control panel

All of the computers on my network are running Windows XP Home Edition. I'll give the network wizard a try and see what happens. I may have done that before but cant remember.

and make sure file sharing is turned on, and just give them all the same workgroup name.
if that doesnt work it could be a firewall issue?

Back
Top Bottom