Hi, need help with wireless usb

iamjohn

Beta member
hi i have this toshiba satellite laptop and i bring it with me to my work. apparently my workplace is in a huge basement, and my builtin wireless card in laptop doesnt seem to be finding any connection. the library is around 100 feet away and it doesnt even catch library's wireless connection.
i was planning on buying a wireless usb that gives further range. i wanted to know if its worth to buy wireless usb and if that would work from that basement. if yes then which one should i buy that gives long range
thanks for ur time.

It is almost impossible to say for sure if it will work. One thing you could try is to go to the library and connect and then walk back toward your office. You will then be able to see where your connection really drops and see if there is something in that area specifically causing the issue. If the walls are concrete, it is very unlikely that the signal, even from a USB adapter, will go through them.

You could get a usb with an external antenna. Then you can either make or buy a antenna for specific aiming.
Buy
Build

You should look for a usb adapter like this Link

Back
Top Bottom