Help with ROUTER please!!!

sns2317

Solid State Member
The router is a wireless D-link DI-524. I have it hooked up to a main computer through a lan cable and then one computer through wireless. The router will work for an average of 2 hours but then after time it just quits sending signals to BOTH computers. The lights on the router are still flashing but my DSL activity light on the modem is not. Does anyone know why it is doing this? Oh BTW, the only way to get the internet back after it does this is restart the router or unplug it. PLEASE HELP ME!

are you able to ping the router (default gateway) when you lose your signal? It could be something in the setup that causing your router to release/renew ip addresses every couple of hours rather than every couple of weeks.
Have you tried connecting with one computer directly to your dsl modem to see if it still loses signal after 2 hours? Have you had this setup going for a while and it's just now starting to cause you problems? Or is this a new set up and still working out the kinks?
Check with d-link website about firmware updates. jpretorius could also be on the right track ... firmware update could include a fix for routers that lose connection constantly. There may also be a firmware update for your dsl modem.

Back
Top Bottom