help with a network adapter.

cubicincubi

Beta member
hi

installed a belkin wireless g usb network adaptor to a pc which runs windows 2000.

I have cable, with a wireless modem. Netgear card is slotted into lap top.

I have succesfully installed the belkin to the PC and have the encryption etc all set up. I have it running peer to peer, I have the small blue icon.

however, when i try to open I.E. i get the old familiar box appearing with 'the web page you are trying to access is not available off line' etc and asks me to connect.

This is where i'm stuck. I now need to change my connection settings on the PC (i assume) and dont know what to do. I have tried numerous settings and none will open a page.

I have also tried calling the alleged 24 hour belkin tech support helpline, for the last 5 hours off and on, to no avail. always engaged - well recorded message says so.

so... any advice appreicated.

thanks.

Have you tried pinging a website from the trouble computer like such:

C:\> ping computerforums.org

If you can't, the problem lies in your internet connection settings on the computer that won't access the Internet. If it does, check out the settings in Internet Explorer. Let me know what you find.

i have the same adapter. for xp i just installed the drivers from the cd, then i ran the wireless network wizard on that pc (cant remember if theres that option for 2k, i dont think there is). actually for 2k i think you go to create a new network connection and choose lan. then go through all the steps. you may also have to set up your main pc.

Back
Top Bottom