Hello, I need some help.
I am trying to connect two computers directly, using a crossover cable, to share files and external hard drives between the two.
First Computer: Dell Latitude M6300 Laptop running Windows XP 32bit.
Second Computer: Dell Presicion 690 Tower running Windows Vista 64bit.
Current Steps taken:
1. Both computers are a part of the same workgroup.
2. I have installed LLTD (Layer Topology Discovery Responder) on the XP Laptop
3. I have run the Set Up Home Network Wizard on XP Laptop
4. The Vista settings are:
- Private Network
- File Sharing = On
- Public Folder Sharing = On
- Printer Sharing = On
- Media Sharing = On
5. Change Vista IP address to 192.168.1.3 (XP IP is 192.168.1.2)
6. I am able to Ping both directions
Result: I am still unable to see either computer.
If you need more information please let me know and I will post what you need. Thank you for your help.