gateway problem

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
This one is kinda hard to explain since I don't know enough about networking yet. But sometimes when I'm just browsing the internet (most recently zooming in on a map on Google Maps) and the network completely dies (the whole network, not just the internet connection). I go into the Network and Sharing Center and it will fix it. But it's already happened to me 3 times just today, and a couple before that. It just started this week. The message it gives me after it fixes it is something like "default gateway was unavailable." It fixes it every time I try to, but it just gets annoying having to do so all the time. Never happened to me before, and so far only on this computer, which is wired into the router. My laptops are wireless. My best guess is the router may be dying? Not sure though. OS is Windows 7 Pro.

That is a hard one. I've never heard of anything like this. I'd guess if it was the router, you'd have to reset it. Maybe make sure your network drivers are up-to-date. When you say the 'whole network' does it effect the laptops too or just this computer?

That is a hard one. I've never heard of anything like this. I'd guess if it was the router, you'd have to reset it. Maybe make sure your network drivers are up-to-date. When you say the 'whole network' does it effect the laptops too or just this computer?
I actually figured it out in the meantime. It's an nVidia driver issue with my network card and Windows 7. Kinda weird it didn't show up when using Windows 7 RC... I since had a problem with my RAID array and just gave up on that Windows install and reinstalled w/o RAID. No problems yet. Running the Windows drivers for network adapter still. Probably have to do that until updated drivers for 7 come out.

Back
Top Bottom