Excellent software for either wireless or wired network users.

0x0161

BSOD
Hello fellow members of www.computerforums.org This thread is for home or small business network users. To see if unauthorized users are using your wireless router and getting free Internet from you/stealing bandwidth etc... A nice application to download and scan your network to detect them and obtain other information. www.lookatlan.com

BTW, I scanned my wireless network last night just for the fun of it, and I forgot I left my router Linksys wrt54g v.5 unsecured (no security) so any Joe Schmoe could access the net from me.

I opened this application scanned it, and found a NON windows OS. So I knew someone was their using my connection. At first I didn't know if I wanted to mess with them or just capture the network traffic.

So I decided to mess with them. Opened Nmap got some info it was an mac OS with port 21 wide open accepting connections.

Next, I logged into my router and changed the Wireless Network Name (SSID)from *My secured network* to I'm watching you ;) went back and did a scan and the person re-connected even after changing the SSID. This time I logged in my router and enabled WPA2 Personal with TKIP + AES algorithms. I have a nice long WPA key now. ;)

Went back did scan he wasn't their this time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom