dsl problem

chiggazred

Beta member
My verzion dsl wireless have been having problems lately. Certain time of the day like from 7pm-12am, is very slow... i can not even surf the web. I share my wireless with my first floor tennant and he said one day someone messaged him knowing his info and our network name... Did someone hacked my dsl if so what can i do to make it normal again?

The only way they could message him is if they are on your same workgroup. I doubt someone hacked it. If its dropping i would try bypassing your router temporarily (if its not built into the modem anyways) by taking the ethernet cord from the modem and putting it into your pc. When that is done then unplug the power from your modem for roughly 30 seconds and plug it back in, this causes it to reset with the network. This should give you a solid connection. If it drops then call verizon, if it doesnt drop at all then call your router manufacturer. If you wireless is built into the modem then call verizon. Also, have you tried enabling WPA or WEP?

WEP is good , WPA is much better. WEP has serious design flaws and can be hacked. It is possible for someone to be surfing in on your wireless. you may also want to check the routers manufacturers web site for firmware upgrades for your router,,,, FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS PROVIDED FOR FLASHING THE ROUTER. See if your router has a log that shows wireless connections or activity.

yeah, WPA is the best...why verizon? go with cable...I have cable and I very rarely experience anything like that

yes WPA is better but anything can be hacked. And odds are WEP is going to stop anyone trying to get on his network, its not like hes running an enterprise. I find it funny that most people that claim WEP is easy to hack cant hack WEP themselves.

Back
Top Bottom