Deciding between two interenet packages, need a little help!

DMeis

Beta member
Hey guys me and my g/f have decided to move in together and I want to clear the air for both of us in regards to internet packages. She does mostly browsing and a little youtube from time to time, I don't surf a lot but I play a lot of games. Were deciding on wether to go with 15GB/monthly usage allowance or 60GB. The cost difference is about 12$ a month and is a non issue to me. My problem comes in with a buddy telling me that I eat into that 15GB/month while I'm playing all my games. I have yet to find anything to prove or disprove his statement so it really comes down to is there any truth behind his statement?

With capped download packages, you probably should go with the largest allowance you can afford. If you watch many videos online at all, and if you play alot of games, you probably would go over 15GB easily. And if you go over your allowance, you get charged by the MB for any downloading/browsing you do after your 15GB is up. It can cost anywhere from a few cents per mb up to whatever the provider wants to charge.

videos will eat up alot of bandwidth, you have to think about other things that will eat up bandwidth like anti-virus + microsoft updates, I would say go for the larger package

Good luck with the moving in

You might be ok with the 15gb. as long as your not downloading anything.
I do some downloading and only use about 30gb of my 60gb available.
And if you find its not enough, your ISP will be more than happy to up the limit..

Back
Top Bottom