Data recovery

fodwalker

Beta member
Hello all, have a question. Is there a way to recover my files that got deleted off my external hard drive such as photos, music, movies and won't cost me a fortune? Geek squad told me from $500 to $1200.

No not really. You'll have to send it to a data recover center and that is generally the cost to TRY to get the get with no guarentee.

Next time, make sure you have backups saved somewhere.

Actually, yes there is.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the drives, there are "un-delete" software programs out there.

I never had luck with the freebies, but R-Studio and Restorer2000 have been my god-sends.

Assuming there is nothing wrong with the drives, there are "un-delete" software programs out there.

I never had luck with the freebies, but R-Studio and Restorer2000 have been my god-sends
And the biggest rule when using these is don't ever install them on the same drive that your data was deleted from! Indeed, don't modify anything on there if you can help it. That's the most common mistake made with these sorts of programs, the more you modify files on the drive the lesser your chances of seeing your data back.

Back
Top Bottom