Controlling Speed

Raytheon

Baseband Member
I have two computers connected to a Netgear Wireless Router, and the problem is that when one of them is downloading a file, the internet browsing speed on the other one is sooo slow. I have a 512k connection and I want to know if it is possible to set it to 50% (256k) max on each machine?

I dont think so with just a home router... My school controls speed of student computers vs. teachers computers, but they have 100's of thousands of dollars in servers that do it for them...

I have two computers connected to a Netgear Wireless Router, and the problem is that when one of them is downloading a file, the internet browsing speed on the other one is sooo slow. I have a 512k connection and I want to know if it is possible to set it to 50% (256k) max on each machine?

You can't do this with most simple home routers (A few recent ones support QOS, and you would be able to use this). However you can install bandwidth limiting software on the client computers.

Businesses usually restrict bandwidth with proxy servers or with QOS.

Chris, Can you reccomend some software for application based Bandwidth Throttling Please? Thanks :D

You can't do this with most simple home routers (A few recent ones support QOS, and you would be able to use this). However you can install bandwidth limiting software on the client computers.

Businesses usually restrict bandwidth with proxy servers or with QOS.

Can you tell some softwares that limit bandwidth?

Back
Top Bottom