Connection/ Modem help.

Stampy

Baseband Member
Moved to Networking ******************************************************************************************************************** Ok... At the moment I have 2 computers that are about 3 feet away from each other in my 'basement', with their connection connected by a rouder. Im planning on buying a new computer to put in my room 'upstairs', I have a phone jack in my room, and was wondering how I could hook up my internet connection and what ill need for it when I buy my comp. (what type of modem/3-way rouder/ extended wire/ etc.)

wireless router (dump your current router if it doesnt have wireless ability) and a wireless adapter card for your new pc. Your phone jack does nothing for you. What high-speed internet service are you on? DSL or Cable?

We run DSL on them... I was tryin to get away from the rouder, because whenever someone on the other 2 comps 'downstairs' download things, which is very often, Id lag like a b***h. So I was wondering how I would hook up a modem, and what to look for in a modem.

you'll have to have an additional dsl line run into your place then. Only way to split up a a single internet connection is via router.

CrossCech said:
you'll have to have an additional dsl line run into your place then. Only way to split up a a single internet connection is via router.

And how would I go about doing that?

Back
Top Bottom