Can't get wifi to come on

rose100xy

Solid State Member
Greetings, I'm hoping someone can help me. I can't get my Lenovo Thinkpad to connect. I tried the key FN, F5. I tried clicking on the wifi button itself, unplugging the router and hooking it back up. I even tried restarting my computer. I got the same message wifi not connect.

What operating system are you using? Is your router being seen by the computer, bottom right hand corner of your screen. If you click the wireless button, assuming it is there, it should bring up a list of wireless connections that your computer is seeing. When you click the FN+F5 combo what comes up?

Anything after what I have mentioned is when it starts to get a bit complicated so answer those questions first and lets see where we go from there.

Last edited:
If it's Windows 10 you shouldn't have any issues with drivers. If you are using an earlier version you may have to install drivers.

In addition to what pete asked, is this a fresh Windows installation or is this a new problem in an old one? Did you make any changes before this started happening?

I'm sorry that it took me so long to reply. It has been a crazy, hectic week. I use Window 10. It's fresh only about two months old. When I checked, it showed that my router is seen, but not connected.
I should also add that when I pressed the keys FN AND F5 nothing came up. I had to click on the WIFI.

Last edited:
What's the make and model of the device?

Which device? Router or computer? Her computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad.

@the OP. if your computer is seeing the router but not connecting then I pretty sure the wifi is working. I take it you have put the router wireless in on your computer? It should be printed on a label somewhere on the router. It will be called "wireless code" or something similar.

Which device? Router or computer? Her computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad.

@the OP. if your computer is seeing the router but not connecting then I pretty sure the wifi is working. I take it you have put the router wireless in on your computer? It should be printed on a label somewhere on the router. It will be called "wireless code" or something similar.
Yes, I did put the code in when I first got my laptop.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Neither. And that's not really a model. There are tons of Thinkpads.
And I was talking about the wifi adapter.

Not sure. I'll have to check.

Not sure. I'll have to check.

Great. If you have an Android phone, try tethering your WiFi connection to your computer. If you don't know how, try this.

That can allow you to download drivers (if that's the problem) when we find out your adapter's make and model.

Back
Top Bottom