Can you help with my modem to router issue?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
Ok so i need a little help setting up my modem to router. The internet works from the modem to my computer through the ethernet absoloutly fine. now my landlord informs me that when i plug in my router i should not need the user name and password for the ISP (its free internet that he has setup) as it already has it on the modem. So my question is how do i set up my router from through this ethernet connection using my router? What settings do I need?

This is the router:

http://www.belkin.com/support/product/?lid=en&pid=f5d8231-4&scid=221

belkinn1f5d82314qs.jpg

Hey fisher! It shouldnt be too difficult. First thing to do is turn off your modem. Them connect your modems ethernet port to the yellow ethernet port on your router. Connect your computers ethernet port into one of the other four ports. Then turn on the router and modem. Wait a minute or two for them to turn on all the way. To access the settings for your router, youll need to go to an internet browser URL bar and type in 192.168.1.1 - from here you might be asked for a username and password. The default for these can vary, but the username is usually admin, and you will leave the password blank. From here you can browse and change the settings. Your most crucial router settings are going to be your internet type, which you should set to DHCP, and your security settings. Your security settings are your personal preference, but i would set up WPA encryption

^Let us know if that worked. If not we can troubleshoot it for you but digi's directions are correct.

Back
Top Bottom