Broadband Problem

Knifey_Spoony

Beta member
I got a new computer and im trying to get the Internet working.AOL was already installed on it so i had to download the drivers for it as i already have AOL Broadband.The two green lights on the modem are on but when i go to sign on AOL it says "Getting AOL access numbers" then "Please plug fone line into modem".Anyone know what might be wrong?

Your problem is that your using AOL lol, but serisouly it sounds like your trying to use dial up AOL, not AOL Broadband, also make sure that you have your line plugged into the right port, if your trying to access dial up make sure your line is not plugged into your Ethernet port, and vise-versa.

when you say the 2 green lights are on on the modem, you are talking about
a DSL modem ? you have broadband , right , do you have a router or just the modem with a cat5 cable going to the notebook from the modem ?

anyway, in AOL right bellow on the sign in screen there is I think it is location, usually says something like home, se if there is a scroll arrow to show other locations, like broad band. If not you will have to create a "new location" for your broadband in expert set up..to the left.

Knifey_Spoony said:
I got a new computer and im trying to get the Internet working.AOL was already installed on it so i had to download the drivers for it as i already have AOL Broadband.The two green lights on the modem are on but when i go to sign on AOL it says "Getting AOL access numbers" then "Please plug fone line into modem".Anyone know what might be wrong?

You have a new computer with AOL dial-up service installed. You need to change this in IE. Open Internet Explorer, cancle any dialing it wants to do. Go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections, and select, never dial a connection. Also, just for safe measure, go into LAN settings and check the box that says "Automatically Detect Settings". This should stop your computer from dialing up. Then all you need is to use their software for Broadband to setup your account. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom