azurues shows the yellow face!!

rob_s

Beta member
Right well basically i have azurues and it constantly shows the yellow face!!
websites have told me to port forward etc and i have 'tried'
i am using NETGEAR DG834PN wireless router and i have tried opening ports but it just seems to stay on the yellow face for azurues :confused: :confused:
its so annoying i would appreciate any help! :)

yeah could be a problem with nat.
Also you could try changing azureus's port to one which is definitely open, for example port 80.
And if all else fails you could always try using some other torrent programs.

yeah could be a problem with nat.
Also you could try changing azureus's port to one which is definitely open, for example port 80.
And if all else fails you could always try using some other torrent programs.
Hmmm, not a very good idea using port 80. Heres some info on port numbers.

By default, BitTorrent programs listen for connections on the "port number" 6881. And BitTorrent trackers, which are often part of a larger web site, often listen for connections on the port number 80. Both of these port numbers are bad choices for us.

Since port 6881 is unfortunately often used by those who are illegally sharing files, many ISPs "throttle" traffic on that port, slowing it down artificially. Some ISPs will detect BitTorrent data anyway on any port, but in most cases they will slow it down rather than blocking it completely. If they do block it completely... change to another Internet provider and tell them why! You are paying for bandwidth and they should deliver it. I suggest Speakeasy DSL, because of their friendly policies toward web servers and BitTorrent clients running on home computers.

As for port 80, it's true that some ISPs forbid web servers at home and will block traffic to port 80 entirely. But there's another good reason not to use it for a BitTorrent tracker: you might also want to host a web site at home. And we don't want the built-in tracker of Azureus, the BitTorrent program we'll use, to conflict with that web server. So we choose an alternative port for the tracker.

Instead of 6881 and 80, Pick two numbers between 32768 and 65535 (for instance, 40156 and 40157, but don't use those two, pick your own). These will be your ports for the actual torrent traffic and for the "tracker," a simple built-in web server that negotiates the beginning of every torrent connection. Write them down and move on to the next step.

Port 80 should be automatically open on most routers. So that is why I suggested that he should try port 80, because it should be open. So then we know if it's a problem with the ports or with something else. :)
But it's probably not a problem with ports, since he already said that he tried opening them.

same router as my neighbours. port forwarding is easy. go here and choose the router. i have to do it for utorrent

Back
Top Bottom