ATT DSL help plz

green101

Baseband Member
Well my problem is at first i had the 34.99 deal for Att dsl which my location couldnt support. I got about 680 kilo bits per second. So then i switched to the 14.99 deal which says up to around 780 kbps i think, around the 700 tho. But now i only get like 320kbps. At first when i had the 34.99 deal it had this speed but only because i got satelite and forgot the filters. And then i put the filters, it was fine at 680 kbps but i realized it was not enough from what i was suppose to get. So i switched to the 14.99 deal and i dont get anywhere near 700 kbps only 300 now still. And everything is plugged in corret with a filter. Can someone please tell me why this is happening?

If no one understands what i said, since i get kinda confused reading it, Im basically saying Im paying 15$ for "up to 700kbps" and im getting 300kbps.

You cant fix it. It clearly states that the connection is upto 700. There are loads of factors that can affect this, like distance from the exchange, contention factors etc.

When I had my verizon "Up to 768kbps" I was getting about 300kbps also. You have to take into account they don't use REAL counting. They count 1 KB as 1000 bytes, not 1024 as they advertise...
Also, when you download at speed; it's gonna be lower. I have FiOS at 15mb, and it's download between 1.5 and 2 MB/s.

Back
Top Bottom