Please Help!!!

Fliss Macuser

Beta member
Hi, I'm having a real problem with my laptop and after taking it to four different computer technicians I'm still no closer to getting the problem fixed!

I've got a Macbook Pro, it's about 8 years old and it's never ever failed me however after upgrading our Sky broadband at home, my computer is now crashing whenever it connects to our wifi so to use my computer I have to turn the Airport off so that everything else on my comp works as normal!

It doesn't do this with anyone else's wifi so if I need to use the internet on my comp I have to go to someone else's house which is a real pain in the behind!

I've had my computer looked at, it's been flattened and re-installed with a new system. I've been on to Sky and had them slow down the speed of our broadband which made no difference. I've even changed our broadband channel a few times which has also made no difference!

I'm at a loss as to where the problem lies, so any suggestions would be muchly appreciated!!!

That definitely is a very interesting issue. I'd like to know some information first, do you know the exact model of the Macbook Pro? It would also be helpful if I knew exactly what you meant by "Crash." Does it just shutdown the Macbook Pro, or just disconnect it from the wifi?

Welcome aboard :D

Do you have wired network connection on you Mac? Did you try it?

I'm not familiar with the Sky broadband. Does it use a router? Did you ask the ISP to try a different router brand?

Back
Top Bottom