NEwb needs help

scooba

Beta member
Hello all, my name is Kyle. I just built a computer and I am having some issues with it. Right now I have a:

Intel I7 4770k
Gigabyte z97x gaming 3
Geforce gtx 660 super clocked signature 2
8 gb Ballistix Ram
600 corsair power supply
1 tb Hard drive
and I'm running my OS (windows 7 64 bit proffesional) off of my 120 gb ssd

the issue i'm having is best described as fps drops and audio malfunctions only during Metro: Last Night and sometimes Hawken. Skyrim works like a charm on Ultra high with FPs around 40 consistently. Had a friend who is more tech savvy than me help me put it together since I've been a console gamer for a while. I am going to try and upload a video of the issues I have while playing Metro: Last night. Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I love my new PC and just want it to be up and running!

Edit: Sorry for the crappy video I can take another one if that helps. (and sorry if i'm not familiar with posting on forums IDk what to do)

Last edited:
Hi!

Both Metro and Hawken do have their fps problems it seems. So it's not a hardware problem anyway. And should'nt be as you say Skyrim are ok. And I guess Windows and other software works as they should?

I read these souloutions for Metro Last night:

1. Disable SSAO in the Nvidia control panel. Right click on any space at your desktop. Open the Nvidia contol panel - 3D settings to do this.

2. Disable PhysX instead. This as Metro last night have an older version of PhysX pre installed. And they might create a conflict.

Disabling NVIDIA Physx GPU acceleration.

3. Update your soundcard or soundchip driver. But before installing the new one. Unistall the old driver in the Windows control panel first.

Hawken. Try this: https://community.playhawken.com/to...formance-for-nvidia-graphics-cards-in-hawken/

Hope any of this will solve your problem? Othervise, go to the forums for these games and ask for help.

Last edited:
Hey Wherewolf?

thanks for the reply. been busy the past couple days, going to work on it now.

Your are welcome ,,

your game look to me 20 FPS and this is no good ,try to update your Ge-force Driver ,
or try to install this programs ,it is most needed for gaming

.NET Framework 4.0
Microsoft Games for Windows - LIVE
OpenAL and Physx
Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable (MFC Security Update)
Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable
Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (MFC Security Update)
Visual C++ 2012 Update 1 Redistributable
XNA Framework 4.0

all the above is free ,,
i hope i give you the right info. thanks

Welcome aboard :D

Dunno man, but Metro games are really demanding. I don't think a GTX 660 of any version can play it at playable frame rate unless it is on medium settings at least.

I believe the 660 (not even the Ti) is a mid-range video card. Not good for demanding games.

I think adding another 660 for an SLI setup would help much. Not sure about the compatibility tho, so we need more comments on that. Should you consider SLI'ing, that is.

Back
Top Bottom