Morning chap's !

mick56

Baseband Member
Here we go then,my name is Mick and i have'nt got a clue, what i have got is a Deezer account with all the music of my miss spent past on it :dance: i need some advice on the best way to get that from my laptop to a 12v amplifier, the amp has usb and that little card slot, but i would prefer to use the usb so that my laptop can act as a jukebox screen. I am about to buy a Lenovo G50-30 and before anyone fire's off about it being crap, i am skint at the moment and that's just about all i can afford Any help would be much appreciated :thumb:

I too have no clue what you're asking for, but welcome aboard anyways :D

Deezer is a music outfit much like you tunes, i just want to know what lead's i need to connect my laptop to a usb on my amplifier,and how to make it play. My current laptop is getting really hot so i am guessing it's on it's way out, and the music stumble's when i use it to look at other stuff while listening,is the Lenovo G50-30 up to the job. Cheer's. Mick.

Here we go then,my name is Mick and i have'nt got a clue, what i have got is a Deezer account with all the music of my miss spent past on it :dance: i need some advice on the best way to get that from my laptop to a 12v amplifier, the amp has usb and that little card slot, but i would prefer to use the usb so that my laptop can act as a jukebox screen. I am about to buy a Lenovo G50-30 and before anyone fire's off about it being crap, i am skint at the moment and that's just about all i can afford Any help would be much appreciated :thumb:

Nothing particularly wrong with Lenovos as a cheap general purpose machine. Just be aware that they have had problems with lid hinges that tend to seize and then break. I, also, think that if you are changing computers then your first priority will be to get your music off your old computer and on to the new one unless your just going to use the old one for DJing.

Anyway the easiest way to transfer music from a lappy to an external amp is to use an audio jack to an audio jack cable such as what is available on this page. (sorry UK Ebay but you should get the gist)

audio cables | eBay

and plug one end into the earphone socket on the laptop and the other end into the input socket on the amp. Be careful with volume levels from the laptop because the audio amplifier will have a preamp that is intended to amplify small signals so start with volume from laptop low and work up till the amp output just starts to distort and then back off the laptop volume to no distortion. Also don't forget that whatever you get out of the amplifier will only be as good as what you put in.

Nothing particularly wrong with Lenovos as a cheap general purpose machine. Just be aware that they have had problems with lid hinges that tend to seize and then break. I, also, think that if you are changing computers then your first priority will be to get your music off your old computer and on to the new one unless your just going to use the old one for DJing.

Anyway the easiest way to transfer music from a lappy to an external amp is to use an audio jack to an audio jack cable such as what is available on this page. (sorry UK Ebay but you should get the gist)

audio cables | eBay

and plug one end into the earphone socket on the laptop and the other end into the input socket on the amp. Be careful with volume levels from the laptop because the audio amplifier will have a preamp that is intended to amplify small signals so start with volume from laptop low and work up till the amp output just starts to distort and then back off the laptop volume to no distortion. Also don't forget that whatever you get out of the amplifier will only be as good as what you put in.

Thank's for that mate, i was thinking that i would have to use a USB to USB,so that i bypassed the cheap sound of the audio output on my laptop, or will it just sound the same, or not be possible to do that. I am building a camping trailer for my motorbike and fitting (among other thing's) a 12v 250w amp to power a pair of Sony SS-NX1 100w house speaker's, and i want to be able to control the music from about 15-20ft away via my laptop.I am going to dump the thing i am writing this on and use the Lenovo,some advice on how to transfer the music from here to the new laptop would be handy, i hope i dont have to do it track by track, ive got s--tload's of them ! Thank's again. Mick.

Attachments

• Photo0454.jpg
    Photo0454.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Photo0474.jpg
    Photo0474.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Photo0472.jpg
    Photo0472.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Photo0646.jpg
    Photo0646.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I would think, although I don't know, that your amp would be analogue. The signal from your earphone jack is an analogue signal anything coming from the USB socket is digital and cannot be read by an analogue device aka your amplifier.

The easiest way, albeit slow, I have found to transfer stuff from one computer to another is to use a big USB stick. You can get them up to 128 GBs these days (maybe bigger I don't know) and they are quite cheap. failing that a USB external hard drive, again reasonably cheap on Ebay etc, and those go up to a few terabytes, which is BIG. As to the quality of the audio from the earphone jack. The quality is fine. If you already listen to your music via a decent set of headphones you will know. Obviously there is a conversion from digital music (MP3) to the analogue signal present at the earphone socket and with any conversion there will be a slight deterioration in quality. I don't think you would notice, I certainly can't, but then I am 65 and my hearing aint what is used to be LOL. Also my music genre is heavy metal rock or what we used to call "underground" back in the late sixties early seventies. We just like that very loud rather than excellent quality.

I would think, although I don't know, that your amp would be analogue. The signal from your earphone jack is an analogue signal anything coming from the USB socket is digital and cannot be read by an analogue device aka your amplifier.

The easiest way, albeit slow, I have found to transfer stuff from one computer to another is to use a big USB stick. You can get them up to 128 GBs these days (maybe bigger I don't know) and they are quite cheap. failing that a USB external hard drive, again reasonably cheap on Ebay etc, and those go up to a few terabytes, which is BIG. As to the quality of the audio from the earphone jack. The quality is fine. If you already listen to your music via a decent set of headphones you will know. Obviously there is a conversion from digital music (MP3) to the analogue signal present at the earphone socket and with any conversion there will be a slight deterioration in quality. I don't think you would notice, I certainly can't, but then I am 65 and my hearing aint what is used to be LOL. Also my music genre is heavy metal rock or what we used to call "underground" back in the late sixties early seventies. We just like that very loud rather than excellent quality.

Thank's for that mate, my amp is an obscure Chinese brand, a SUOER SON-288A , ive just found that it claim's 600w peak power and it is digital. The only input's are 1 SD & 1 small USB,there are left & right speaker output's jack's + lose wire speaker connector's,and a USB outlet, so no jack to jack input. I had it set up indoor's wired up to a 12v 120/AH leisure battery and plugged a USB stick into it, like you i am a rock lover and i am impressed with it's sound, better than some home system's that ive heard, but not mine !

Attachments

• Photo0357.jpg
    Photo0357.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo0361.jpg
    Photo0361.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2
Is this the amp you're talking about? Buy Cheap SON-288A 600W Aluminum Case Car Auto Stereo Audio Amplifier Copper Tone

If so, then you won't be able to transfer your music to it since it has no storage capability. It has the ability to play mp3s from a USB drive or an SD card. If you copy music to a USB thumb drive or SD card as mp3 files then the amp can play them with no need for the laptop.

If you use an audio cable from your laptop to the amp, then you will play the music on your laptop and feed the output thru it's headphone jack to the amp. You can't connect the laptop and the amp via USB cable and play music that way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom