Introducing myself

Senbon

Beta member
Dear Friends of computerforums.org
My name is Senbon, greetings to all of you. I have seen lots of useful information in this forum and really appreciate all of you for contributing your help and support.

This is my introduction about mylsef. I have recently Graduated in BSc Computer Security and Forensics. I am a keen learner in terms of computer security, computer forensics, computer programming particularly in python at the moment, computer networking. I am looking forward to do my Masters MSc in computer security and forensics next year 2014th February.

My aim is simply to share the help in terms of knowledge, wealth, kindness, love.

For me to able to share my knowledge I feel I need to gather more knowledge by coming to insightful forum like Computerforums.org

My greatest reason for me to come to this forum is in the hope that I will get help to prepare for my Master's dissertation in Computer Security and Forensics. Finger's crossed that somehow I will be helped.

If you think that I will be useful to you in any ways, then let me know!

Kind Regards

Senbon

Welcome aboard :D

Thank you for your kind offer.

Note: just formally, there should be comma after "kind regards" :)

Welcome!

Smart_Guy that's interesting I wouldn't disagree with you because you are probably right i'm far from perfect with my grammar but I send and receive hundreds of emails a week and none of them have a comma after Kind Regards?

Welcome!

Smart_Guy that's interesting I wouldn't disagree with you because you are probably right i'm far from perfect with my grammar but I send and receive hundreds of emails a week and none of them have a comma after Kind Regards?

Thank you.

Well, no one is perfect. I'm just a humble human :)

It is just a level of formalities. But at least I can say there must be some punctuation mark after it to be 100% grammatically correct, and it could be different in different English(s) used in different native English countries.

Can you believe that the honorific greeting in the beginning of a letter, e.g., Dear Ma'am or Sir, it is formal to be followed by colon ":" not comma ","? But I use comma almost always because everyone else here uses it.

Part of what made punctuation marks change is technology. It is easier and faster to omit them of use other easier to type. Comma is easier to type than colon.

I suggest that you always use a comma after xRegards, or similar, in important letters, like to an unfriendly CEO or something.

This morning I received an email from Keith (a British colleague here) with not a single punctuation mark on it. His prior email was similar except it had "regards" in caps and with a comma. I guess he was angry at me for some reason :rofl:

My major is English btw :)

Last edited:
Dear Senbon,

You will have to remove the quotes first.

Kind regards,

Smart Guy

(just as the above example. With "Dear Senbon" it is informal to use a comma " , " so I used it here on an internet community, and formal to use colon " : " like in official letters)

Sorry about that, been a teacher once :)

Back
Top Bottom