Howdy from Texas, I'm Sid!

Sid

Solid State Member
I've been an active member of only one other forum: pcqanda.com, and things have been a bit slow there lately, so, I decided to branch out and try another one. A quick Google led me here and I'm glad it did!

You guys appear to be a very active bunch with lots going on. I hope I'm able to contribute to the vitality here. I am definitely not a lurker, nor, a hard-headed, opinionated snob. I only speak out when I think I have something positive to contribute.

As you can see from my avatar, I'm an old guy. Seventy-five in June. I'm an active inventor (seventeen patents, latest just a few months ago) and retired professional with credentials as Adjunct Professor of Engineering, Harvey Mudd College, Claremont, CA; Engineering Manager of R&D Dept of Bushnell Sports Optics, San Dimas, CA; and, Asst Professor of Design, Drexel University, Phila. Married to high school sweetheart for 55 years and counting. Also, two degrees in painting and a stint of several years in/on the N.Y. Art Scene as a sculptor and gallery hopper.

For the past eight years, we have been living happily on my brother-in-law's exotic game ranch in the heart of Texas, ten miles from the nearest town and surrounded by a Noah's ark of wonderful animals.

Glad to make your acquaintance.

Sid

Welcome to CF. There's some pretty sharp young'uns here. And some pretty sharp older guys. I think you'll like it here.

**For the past eight years, we have been living happily on my brother-in-law's exotic game ranch in the heart of Texas, ten miles from the nearest town and surrounded by a Noah's ark of wonderful animals.

Where you live sounds awesome. you wanna swap? i love being out in the countryside away crowds. Although we have beautiful countryside in wales, its just aways wet and mainly cold...

Welcome Sid. I'm one of the "old farts" on this board so glad to have another to keep me company. Married 55 years? Awesome. My sweetie and I will celebrate our 40th this year.

Got me beat. 8 with one and 2 with the other. Can't stand either one now.
I'm one of the resident old farts also.

Back
Top Bottom