Hello, and I need opinions

CadJuice

Beta member
Hello, I'm new to the world of "video editing".

I mostly record, and edit my own videos, with voice overs, with rather myself and friends, or just me playing through some games.

This is where I need some help!

I'm currently using an old HP "entertainment" laptop, and lets just say... Editing a video in Windows Movie Maker... It doesn't happen.

So this is where I am hoping you guys can help me out!

-I'm looking to throw down $1499 pre-tax, and I'm looking at the Asus G750JW. Would this be a good decision? Because I'm looking for some portability, instead of a desktop.

-What would everyone recommend for video editing software? I don't have a problem with WMM, but any help would be awesome!

-And I'm using Audacity to record my own voice (Using a Blue Yeti USB mic)' would you folks also recommend anything else?

I'm hoping to save money on the software aspect, due to throwing down money on my recording hardware...

If you guys could give me any insight, I would be grateful!

Thanks!

A desktop would be most ideal for content creation. Is a desktop totally out of the question?

A desktop would be most ideal for content creation. Is a desktop totally out of the question?

I completely agree, desktops are far more superior when rendering. The video editing software I would recommend would have to be Adobe Premiere Pro, I say this because this is just the software I'm used to, but there are other programs such as Sony Vegas Pro.
As for a mic it depends what kind of budget you have, I personally use this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avid-Vocal-...=1376876421&sr=1-1&keywords=Avid+Vocal+Studio

:lol:

-What would everyone recommend for video editing software? I don't have a problem with WMM, but any help would be awesome!

I'm hoping to save money on the software aspect, due to throwing down money on my recording hardware...

If you don't have any problems with Movie Maker, then why not just use that?
it can edit clips together just fine. If you want more then that (like working with multiple layers) then a better software is necessarily.

"Avid Free DV" should be a good free editing software.
it has multilayer support.

it is no longer available on the developer web site. But you can still find it.
Download Avid Free DV | 100-downloads.com

i haven't used it myself btw. so i don't know much about the software.

I probably have missed it because it doesn't seem to say which motherboard. Otherwise looking good.

BTW with the budget you have, you might want to consider SSD storage at 256 GB and above as well.

Back
Top Bottom