Greetings from Orange, VA

DJ700R4

Beta member
Hey guys, new here (obviously haha).
Nice forum.

I have a question while I'm introducing myself .
My Dell Optiplex GX110 isn't going into windows.
I keep getting a," strike F1 to retry boot , F2 foro setup utility" screen.

Now I have a hard drive mechanic 3.0 floppy disc that works but my problem is when I see the screen that involves a:\:
I forgot what to type in to actually use it.
If that makes sense.

Thanks guys.
I really do want to keep this computer because well, I don't have the money yet for something yet and it's the first computer I've had in a few years.

Btw, im not sure if what os it has because 2000, NT and 98 are listed on the modem.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Something newer*

Hello, i'm not sure if i can help you solve your computer problem but i just wanted to Welcome you to CF. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

Now if you want to know what OS your using just do the following:
click on start> then right click on my computer> click on properties.

That will bring up a window showing you your OS and the amount of ram your computer has.

Btw, when your computer boots and you get that screen....did you press f2 and set up your settings?

Welcome aboard :D

Well, for now I can suggest that you open up the case and make sure hard/floppy disk cables are connected correctly and that there is no floppy disk in the drive!

Just my 4 cents!

Thanks but I figured out the OS got wiped..something the person who gave my brother the computer never said anything about.
I'll just have to buy a XP CD and install it. No problem.

Thanks alot, we'll I have,a new question.
I MAY just have a bad hard drive but I got this Hard Drive Mechanic 3.0 Floppy disc and there's a screen that shows the copywrite for it and such.
Below that is this..... A:\: .... All in red. With the exception of all those periods.
Im supposed to type some command in to use the disc but I forgot what it is..anybody know what I'm talking about

Also the P2 ,P5 and P9 Connectors have nothing to go to..I'm honestly not sure if that's supposed to be like that or what.

Back
Top Bottom