Zotac gtx 480

Lippy

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I was planning on building a new computer soon and was just wondering how the SLI system worked. If I buy a Zotac gtx 480 would I need another gtx 480 to put them in SLI? Or can I put 2 different cards together for instance a gtx 480 and gtx 580 together. Do the cards/brand have to be the same?

Thanks in advance! :)

Cheers

Zotac is just the company that makes the cards, NVIDIA Make the GTX 480 chip.

It is important for SLI'd cards to be chips in the same series, like a GTX 460 and GTX 480 could be SLI'd, but a GTX 460 and a GTX 560 can't.

same for ATI, a 5770 could be crossfired with a 5750 but not a 5870.

but, i think, most commonly people will SLI or Crossfire two identical cards to rule out any possibility of problems, besides the normal risks associated with hardware such as static and DOAs.

if you're going to get a Zotac GTX 480 (and btw, i would recommend going with EVGA GTX 480 instead, since they are better quality from my experiences) get an identical card to SLI it with, since then there's no chance of any incompatibility.

Yeah, I was originally going to get a EVGA gtx 460 but then I see a sale on the Zotac gtx 480 and decided to go for that.

Thanks for the reply :D

Yeah, I was originally going to get a EVGA gtx 460 but then I see a sale on the Zotac gtx 480 and decided to go for that.

Thanks for the reply :D
Also consider that if you have different cards together, they will downclock to the slower cards settings. For instance, if you put an HD5770 in crossfire with an HD5750, you will get the same performance as an HD5750 and an HD5750

Back
Top Bottom