ZoneAlarm Pro More Intrusive Than Helpful...

G9

Daemon Poster
Alright guys, after paying around $50 for ZoneAlarm Pro, I'm thinking about ditching it for the free Windows Defender. What do you guys think? ZA Pro is just so damn intrusive...

I tried ZA Free for a while, and realized that the hassle of having a firewall just isn't worth it. By using FireFox, and an occasional scan with Adaware, I haven't ever gotten anything bad. ZoneAlarm would just say "Are you sure you wish to open AIM?" or "Are you sure you wish to use the internet?" or "Are you sure you want to use your computer to do anything? It could be dangerous."

If you know what you're doing with computers, Firewalls really don't help that much, and like you said, they just become intrusive.

I'm sure, however, having one is a good idea. Just a less intrusive, smarter one. What do you think about Windows Defender?

You have a router, correct? They say a router is the best possible firewall.

I would reccommend Kaspersky Anti-Hacker; that was the best one out of all the ones that I tried out. I havent used Windows Defender though. I guess try out the trials and then buy whichever you think is best.

I use ZoneAlarm, but hell it does ask alot of questions. If you opened a teletubie website it would say 'Are you sure you want to because it could destroy your pc'. :D

I'm using ZoneAlarm and it's probably one of the better firewalls out in the market. My only gripe is that they should make it so it can tell which programs are actually good or bad, instead of asking if everything is bad and if you want it to run. :p

I want something less intrusive please. Yes, I have a router, but wish to have a software firewall as a backup. ZoneAlarm is good, but I want something simpler, yet retaining the blockage rate.

Clicking... Save this option isnt a hard thing to do... unless youre CONSTANTLY using new programs in which it can get annoying.

I always put save this option (the checkbox right?) and it always pops up. SpySweeper, lass.exe, svchost.exe... dreamweaver opens up two licensing things which I always want to allow, but it just doesn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom