You're Joking Right?

Craig Prince

In Runtime
I realize that the titles for my threads always told you exactly what was going on. Recently they do just the opposite. xD

Okay, we all know what Mouse Acceleration is. If you don't please go look it up before you continue reading this thread. Now then, as I was saying. I always have it disabled as it is awful for gaming. Which includes disabling it inside of Windows, the game itself, and the mouse's driver software.

For my mouse I use the SteelSeries Sensei in case you're wondering. For what ever reason when I turned on my PC this morning, I realized something felt wrong with the mouse, so I tested it. Sure enough, mouse acceleration was for sure happening. Even though I never changed any settings. So I went back and double checked every setting. Of course, it's supposed to be disabled.

I just can't figure out why it just happened over night, and how I can get rid of it. I'd just rather not have to buy an entire new mouse. Any and all help will be much appreciated.

UPDATES- I just tried plugging in my old Razer Deathadder (Which physically can't have build in acceleration.) IT STILL DOES! It makes me wonder if an update to Windows 10 did this? I don't know for sure, so I'm going to restart my PC and see if that helps as well.

Alright, restarting didn't help at all. :/

Last edited:
Have you looked in control panel at the mouse entry. It doesn't explain why the setting should just change but this is Windoze LOL. We all know it has a mind of it's own half the time.

In other words, when you change the settings it should stay put?

Wasn't there an APPLY/SAVE button?

I have made sure of this many times. Thanks for trying to help though. I do have some more information on this topic as well. I have tried the Sensei on a different PC, and it still has the same acceleration issue. (Yes... I've made sure it's disabled.)

Back
Top Bottom