Is your PC Windows Vista ready?

Yeah, i'd imagine that a system with 256 mb of ram, 1.5ghz or faster cpu, with an average graphics card, should push vista just fine.

It's probably gonna be all that extra crap that will make you need all that extra ram.

even on xp, going from 512 megs of ram to 1 gig has noticable speed boosts.
MS knows that people hate upgrading just for a freak'n OS, I really doubt they will make vista be a resource whore no matter what, xp runs much faster after disabling the eye candy, and i'm sure vista will follow that same path.
I've seen XP run on a system with 128 megs of memory, ran like crap at first, but after some serious tweak'n, ran good enough for office work and such.

meh my new comp specs will do just fine XD maybe i'll get 4gb ram for the fun of it might need sum more money tho lol o_O lots lots more money XD

Hmm hope my PC will be able to push it, if not then its time for some upgrades!!! WOOHOO CHRISTMAS! (specs in sig)

We have like more than a year away before the official release. I think this is another PR stunt turning this into a big hype forcing consumers to buy more parts, beefing up their hardware to support this OS. When PC World came out with those specs in the very first thread, it was designed more for a pure gaming machine or multimedia monster. I guess it is nice to have that kind of specs and for most of us, we are very close to that. I think majority of us here have at least a gig of RAM, 64-bit CPUs, SATA drives (I think the Seagate models support pure NCQ, don't know about WD), and PCI-e 128MB video cards). So Microsoft can bring it on...

Their Ultimate Edition is most likely to demand more resources than the Stripped down (Lite) Edition.

You will need a decent GPU, seeing as the UI is pure DX9 (or so I'm told).

Somebody here said they'd run it on an FX5200 (like mine, don't get me started) and it ran like crap.

I'd get the Ultimate Edition, though. I like having the best I can afford, and I like the knowledge that I've got the features right there if I want them.

Anyone know when is the official launch? I know the beta is going on I was on the mailing list but never sent the reply or did the enitial DL.. From what I've heard Winfs (the new filing system) is supposed to launch well in advance. Just curious, I was gonna upgrade pretty soon but might wait a little while, my system now isn't bad what so ever

p4 prescott 3.0 HT (socket 478)
1gb ddr 400 pc3200 (2x512)
Asus P4s800 mobo
MSI Geforce 6600gt (agp)
80GB Maxtor HD
Samsung DVD/RW CD/RW
Samsung ultra thin 15 inch monitor
Logitech MX 1000 Laser Cordless Mouse

About WinFS, I heard it was unfinished and we wouldn't see it until Blackcomb?

I heard Vista'll be using NTFS, but that could still change, I don't know...

W000t I Can Run Vista, But I Dont Want It I Want The Mac Os When It Comes Out For Pcs On 6/6/06

Back
Top Bottom