You have SATA HDD? But pc wont boot? READ

IAntDemo

xxcobraxx
Alot of people get confused and stuck on this part, well I noticed it as I've been threw it, ok, so you just got a new SATA harddrive and your ready to 4mat? Ok, but 1 thing, does it stick on the format? will it not booot? like go into a blackscreen? well, here is a well known issue to solve this problem.

This is will not always work, this just could be the problem or maybe not, but most find out it is.

Some people set their bios to defualt, well most vostro dell laptops will goto AHCI and will not boot, this means you gotta get help well, here it is free!
Ok, lets start, make sure all your SATA's are plugged in and all your pc is fully powerd on and all hooked up, now press F2 or tap DEL when you 1st switch your pc on, once you have done this a screen in blue will appear, now look for something like: SATA Operation and if your harddrive is ATA you need to set your bios settings correct and turn it to ATA, yours maybe on IDE? or even AHCI, but here is what it might be:

bios1.gif

setting1.JPG

20051118-01.jpg

THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHOS OPERATING SYSTEM DOES NOT BOOT!
THIS MAY NOT ALWAYS BE THE PROBLEM!

Anyway if your having problems with booting just pm me or leave a thread at CF.

thanks, and cya

im not wanting this to be sticked, just so many people have asked a few questions and to prevent a thread i suggest keep this somewhere along cf, please don't sticky i dont want to look like im a mod

anyway peace :)

Back
Top Bottom