R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
aigght-got "partitionmagic"- on my disk1 i have
fat-primary
ntfs-primary
extended-primary
fat32-logical
unallocated-primary
--i installed a second windows xp, thinking it would overrite my current one, being like system restore, but when my dell boots up, i first have to choose which win.xp i want, the new or old. the new one that i just did has no drivers, so i want to uninstall it. im thinking its the fat32 one-saying that its logical probably means i dont ever use it or something. if anyone can help me with this it would mean a lot.thanx in advance

Ok well if you just want to completly reinstall your computer, then select each partition, and press the delete button, It think this is the D button (NOTE: it is not the standard delete (del) button. Do this for each partition until you have only one named "Unpartitioned", then just do a fresh copy of xp or whatever onto that.

It'll be the one on the logical partition. Your first installation would have been on a primary partition. Delete the logical partition to remove your second installation of XP.

i downloaded partition magic, but to erase a partition u have to buy the full version, which is $70, and im only going to use it once so it's a waste. if anyone knows of a free partition program, please post here.thanx

Back
Top Bottom