XP SP3 Final d/load

What's so different about this SP3? I have the SP2. Is it worth the download?
SP3 is a roll up of all the Updates (~110 or so that you have to d/load after installing SP2) and apparently there has been some tweaking on the kernel that gives a performance boost of around 5% according to people who trialled the previous releases.

I can't comment for sure on any of these from first hand experience as my work ISP is dog slow and I've only d/loaded 75% of SP3 so far

:D

Nice find, this isn't even available to volume license customers right now!
RTM was released on the 21st to the best of my knowledge, MSDN subscribers were supposed to get it at the same time, looks like someone with a MSDN subscription has done the good thing and hosted it on Geeks.

Thanks to whomever you are.

:D

Ok, can you PM me like in a week if this thread is not alive telling me whether it's worth the download or not? I trust your judgment.

Sure mate, but I'd say it is definitely worth getting. If you wait a while it will probably be on the cover cd's of the popular PC magazines soon anyway just like SP2 was.

Does anyone know when they will release it to the public? I don't mind waiting if it's not like 6 months or something crazy. Well, unless it sucks, then I could care less...

Back
Top Bottom