XP pro multiple displays

welshy

Baseband Member
Hi, i have a gigabit motherboard with an onboard display adapter, and was wodering if it would be at al possible to set the multiple displays in windows xp pro up by using the onboard adapter, and also a AGP graphics card, as you can with aAGP card + a PCI graphics card.

Regards
Welshy

Yeah, you cant mix and match cards, they will not be compatible. Unless you know they are.

Just look for a AGP or PCI dual head VGA video card.

joxley1990 said:
Yeah, you cant mix and match cards, they will not be compatible. Unless you know they are.

Just look for a AGP or PCI dual head VGA video card.
Cant you "tie" togeather 2 sli cards? What exactly are the SLI cards? I dont know a whole lot about them but have heard they are bad a$$ cards

but obviously yes they would have to be of the same type.

Yeah, SLI cards are the bomb, but only for gamers. All SLI cards have two outputs anyway, so there wouldn't be a need in getting two.

Ive got wannabe SLI, ive got PCI-e and AGP on my motherboard, and they can be used at the same time, using resources, so im just a wannabe.

But he wont need SLI.

no not saying that he would need SLI, just wasnt sure exactly what it was, I could be wrong but i think the card i have is SLI "ready" but i have no idea, has 3 outputs, SVID, Standard, and DVI. its an nVidia GeForce 7300 w/512 DDR2

LOL Graphics cards arent really my department.

No the 7300 isant SLI ready.

What is NVIDIA SLI Technology?
NVIDIA® SLI™ technology is a revolutionary platform innovation that allows you to intelligently scale graphics performance by combining multiple NVIDIA graphics solutions in a single system with an NVIDIA nForce® SLI media and communications processor (MCP).

How Does SLI Technology Work?
Using proprietary software algorithms and dedicated scalability logic in each NVIDIA graphics processing unit (GPU) and MCP, NVIDIA SLI technology delivers up to twice the performance of a single graphics solution.

A normal graphics card looks like such
media_219.jpg

Just a standard, AGP graphics card.

These, are SLI video cards, you can get alot more, 6600, 7800 7900 etc etc, this is just the first ones I found..
ldt_6600gt_sli_cards_300.jpg

So, notice the little notch sort of thing at the top..

Ok, you need two identical cards with this.

You then install the cards, as normal.

Ok, so with your SLI motherboard, should come with an SLI chip, which look like this.
sli-connector.jpg

Ok, so those slot onto the little notch's on the cards.

Then, it'll look like this
rev-sli-amdboardLG.jpg

With this new technology, two cards become one, so say if you have 2, 7900GTX's (512mb), SLI them, and you will effectively have one, 1GB card.

All gamers want it, and you can get get quad SLI, which looks like this.
nv-quad-sli.jpg

Thats about it..

man those things are sooooooo long...almost rediculous...but since they just own i geuss it makes up for the length :)....also i bet once someone opens up their case to showsomeone else the other guys is intimidated :)

Yeah, think about how big motherboards are.

nVidia are supposed to be making their own case ya know, made especially made for SLI cards. Should be good to see what they do.

Back
Top Bottom