gigabyte sli motherboard
amd 3500+ proccessor
xfx geforce 6800gt graphics
corsair 3200xl pro memory
sony cd-rom drive
lite-on dvd-rw drive
hiper type r 480w psu
seagate 160gb hard disk.

when i try to install windows xp on to hard disk it stops on random files saying error reading file, ive cleaned the xp disk (oem version gold holographic with serial numbers not copy) and if i try again it will stop at other random files.

any help would be grateful .

when you say cleaned, do u mean wiped off or put throw of of those machines that fills the scratches?

So its a genuine copy of XP? Then Call WIndows their Tech Support is supposed to be good and tell them the problem your having.

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) versions sell at lower prices because they include online manufacturer technical support, but no phone support...

I have seen problems around with Gigabyte boards with SATA... apparently the BIOS can be a little tricky to setup properly and the Gigabyte user manual is woefully inadequate in explaining how to set up a single non-raid SATA drive. The Gigabyte comes with the RAID functions enabled so if your not using RAID you have to make sure and also have you tried both
disable ALL of the RAID functions, if that relates... if not what is the model number of your board? the other question is have you tried both disk drives for loading XP?

Back
Top Bottom