XP 64-bit

jakehopt

Solid State Member
I have a question...

I've been looking around PC websites for a while...but

I don't know what the whole 64-bit thing is

Like is it an updated form of Windows or something

If so how can I get it?

Well.. Its not out yet. Its going to be Windows Vista. Codenames LongHorn. Windows XP is 32bit. And you can get vista close to the end of this year.

yeh, but iv been told that it doesnt really support anythin, so theres no point in gettin it

the actual name is called windows x64 edition. you can play all your games on it and all, it even optomized your games for 64-bit automatally i've herd. The only thing it has issues at inparticulary is drivers for hardware. check with your hardware vendors and make sure that they have drivers for x64 edition. also check that both ur motherboard and cpu support 64-bit technology before looking at buying it! newegg.com has it, just look under software and then operating systems

I dunno, a lot of software isnt written for 64 bit processors so whats the point of having a 64 bit os?

yeh i no, i dont think there was any point in microsoft bringing windows x64 edition out if they r makin windows vista, and speakin of vista r they goin 2 bring out 2 versions of it, a 32-bit and a 64-bit?

My friends comp is 64 bit edition but his mobo fried lol
13md1.jpg

r_moore04 said:
yeh i no, i dont think there was any point in microsoft bringing windows x64 edition out if they r makin windows vista, and speakin of vista r they goin 2 bring out 2 versions of it, a 32-bit and a 64-bit?
there's been talk that their could be up to something like 7 different versions. all of them though will have both 32-bit and 64-bit compatibility i think...if u want some information on vista go 2 http://go.pcmag.com/vista and as for why get 64-bit? well advantages is ur computer overall runs faster, like startup and shutdown, surfing the web, as far as the browser itself not ur connection, all because ur bandwidth in your hardware is extended

Back
Top Bottom