Wow i feel dumb asking this

G35x

Golden Master
Ok, everyone is always saying ohh mkae sure the fan is briging air in/ taking it out. I already have my fans set up so no worrys for me. But when your computer is all opend up and your installing fans how do you know if its going to bring air in or out. Yeah i know its stupid should be common sense..But is there like a thing like if the sticker on the circle of the fan is facing outwards that means it taking air out. Just wondering how you would know when your installing it would be a pain to guess and check each time..!

It depends on which way the blades are tilted but i believe in most cases clockwise blows inward (away from you) and counter-clockwise blows outward (towards you)

They should really just have like a sticker on the front like in small print : place this way out for intake " would be so much easier

I never noticed that arrow before. I'll have to take a closer look next time. So the arrow depict which direction the air flows?

look at the blades and whichever side is is more pointed the fan spins towards that side, if u look at the fan and it spins anticlockwise when you're looking at it then its going to be pushing air away from u and vise versa, the zalman cooler for example http://www.record-producer.com/i/noisy-computer-fan.gif has the blades pointing in the anticlockwise direction so it blows air down

Back
Top Bottom