Worth Upgrading?

CargoSlug

In Runtime
Hey guys, I am thinking about buying a new videocard for DX10.

Right now I have:

AMD 4400X2 @ 2.56ghz (939)
2 Gigs OCZ GOLD
Nvidia BFG 7800GTX 256MB @ 467/1337 CORE/MEM mhz
A8N SLI DELUX MOBO
Maxtor 250GB HD @ 7200RPM

I want to know if it is worth upgrading to an 8800GTX or mabey a new series when they come out. Will my current hardware bottleneck me at all?

-- Thanks

well I wouldn't upgrade since the 7800GTX is still a great card, so I don't see why you would want to upgrade. IMO dx10 isn't worth it.

So I'd stay with the current vid card. But the 8800GTX is a great card and will definitely improve the performance of your computer, but I just don't think it's worth the money since you already have a great vid card.

So stacking up to like the Intel core duos... How am I standing. I dont want to bottleneck with like my ram or anything. Isnt the socket 939 getting a bit dated?

A Core 2 Duo would do a bunch better than your system, but currently, your system has little to no bottlenecks (other than the hard drive being a bottleneck). An 8800GTX/S will be bottlenecked by a Core 2 Duo. This can be seen through 3DMark since the higher speeds of the video cards...the less points go up, but once you increase the cpu speed, points go up like crazy.

Honestly, unless you plan on getting vista, there is no point in you getting a DX 10 Video card. Last I heard, MS was still saying DX 10 will not be released for XP.

Honestly, unless you plan on getting vista, there is no point in you getting a DX 10 Video card. Last I heard, MS was still saying DX 10 will not be released for XP.

mainly cos that would be a load less vista sales .
i would stick with that card or get a higher end dx9 card unless you wanna get vista in which case upgrade to a dx10 card so you can have the benefits of vista

Back
Top Bottom