Wireless Signal

wedroptozero

Baseband Member
Hey, I am wondering what hardware I would use to boost a wireless signal, I have a router in my basement and my computer on the second floor gets a weak signal. What could I attach to the hard line (coming up from the router) on the first floor that would give me a signal boost?

get a better network adapter, buy a better antenna for the router (if it supports it, buy a wifi repeater. thats what you could do. presonally id go for a repeater as it will work perfectly. the other 2 might not offer a great deal of signal boost

umm asumiong ur wireless router has patch cable ports on it aswell id buy another wireless router and buy a cross over cable and put it on the 1st floor

and by the way wudnt it b easier to have the router on the 1st floor in the middle ??

Radio shack has a high performance antenna set for 9.95 usd. I use them on my linksys router. World of difference.

my brother can increase his wireless signal with tin foil and a salad bowl :eek: found it on youtube got him from 28% to 42% on a connection that wasnt ours :D cant remeber how you set it up tho

Back
Top Bottom