wireless security question

wozelbeak

Daemon Poster
while trying to set up my wirless security, it asks me my isp address?
i am a wanadoo user, so does that mean they wan't their address?
and does there address always stay the same?
woz

It will always be the same; I had the same ISP Address with them for 3 years, even after they changed to Wanadoo. They can tell you on the technical support, and probably help you with setting the rest up. Good luck with it!

thanks your lordship:)
im happy with that explanation.
are you still with wanadoo?
and did you know that they are changing to orange shortly?
woz

router.jpg

is there anything wrong on here?
should i have a tick in the enable hidden ssid?
i have put in my name where the secret name is for the purpose of this screenshot.
but when i try to go on the laptop, it still comes up saying "unsecure connection"!!
what am i doing wrong?
woz
damn! i will try to get better image.

ok if anyone has any knowledge on this wireless network security set up, please help lol.
i have gone into my router and set the security up as i believe i should have. i have then opened the laptop up and gone to wireless settings, typed in the ssid "secret word" and hey presto i have connection. but wait a minute!! when i look at the conectivity, it says "unsecure connection" aghhh, what am i doing wrong?
woz

Sorry can't help you with Wireless Security :p And I cannot see the page you put in a pic, its too small :D

wozelbeak said:
thanks your lordship:)
im happy with that explanation.
are you still with wanadoo?
and did you know that they are changing to orange shortly?
woz
Your Grace will do just fine thanks :p

Nah, I changed to BT for the 2Meg connection before Wanadoo did it; but I also wanted a new Modem :D I did not know that! They're being brought by Orange the Mobile Phone Company with all the Movie Ads at Cineworlds?

Back
Top Bottom