Wireless Problem

Camelia

BSOD
My friend's laptop won't conect to wireless network. Other computers seem to connect to the wireless network but hers dosen't. Before, it wouldn't find any wieless links, she took our her wireless card and put it back in and now it finds the wireless link but when she tries to connect, it just says "acquiring network address" forever and dosen't connect. She can only really connect using wired connection.

Does her wireless network have any encryption or password to connect to it?

have you tried opening the browser? Reinstalling the drivers for the network device?

Reset the router. Theres a hole at the back which you need to stick a pin or biro in. Once youve reset it, your going to have to put all the network info back in (username and passsword)

The wireless card she has may be an older B only. If the router is set to G only it will ignore the card's attempt to get in.
It would be very helpful to know the make and model of the card and the router. Otherwise we're just shooting in the dark.

I have the same problem trying to connect to the library's public connection. It says local only and "acquires" the IP address forever. I don't really know what to suggest. :(

Back
Top Bottom